Entertainment Tonight called me the “Fitness Queen!” My friends and family also call me the “Smoothie Queen!” I’ve made thousands and thousands of protein shakes, fruit smoothies and shakes. Here is one of my favorites because it doubles as DESSERT! So many times, I have a sweet tooth but don’t want to eat empty calories without healthy benefits.
Chocolate Shake with Benefits
- 1 cup soy milk (or non fat milk, almond milk, etc.)
- 1/2 frozen banana (Tip: I always buy 2 dozen bananas every week: 1 dozen to eat & 1 dozen to peel, halve and freeze in a container for protein shakes.)
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 1 scoop vanilla or chocolate protein powder
- 1 Tbs. natural peanut butter (healthy fats & protein)
- 1 square 70% chocolate (Tip: I buy the XL bar at Trader Joes, must have 70%-80% cocoa, extra antioxidants & no guilt!)