Benefits of Pumpkin include anti oxidants, wrinkle prevention and serotonin!
- Aids in weight loss, great fiber source
- Contains the anti oxidant carotenoid to improve skin and prevent wrinkles
- Contains the amino acid tryptophan, which aids in sleep
- Contains tryptophan which is an important part of serotonin production, which is the “feel good,” mood boosting endorphin
- Has more potassium than banana
Amp up store bought pancake mix. Semi Custom Recipe that I love to make in 10 minutes. These are the best Pancakes I’ve ever had, Pumpkin or Plain! Top with Greek Yogurt, flax seeds, dried non sweetened coconut…What I love about them: I love the texture, the healthy almonds and dried fruit, too! Enjoy!
- Trader Joes Pumpkin Pancake Mix
- Pureed cooked pumpkin
- Organic Apple Sauce
- Maple Syrup or Agave Nectar
- Dried Orange Cranberries
- Steel Cut or Traditional Oats
- Flax Seeds
- Plain Greek Yogurt
Prepare Pumpkin Pancake Mix according to instructions BUT replace Oil with Apple Sauce in equal amounts and also add:
- 1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1/2 cup dried orange Cranberries
- 1/4 cup steel cut or traditional oats
- 1/8 cup flax seed
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- large dollap of Greek Yogurt
MIX 25 Times & flex your biceps while you’re doin it 🙂
The consistency should be thinner if you like thin pancakes or thicker if you like thicker pancakes. To thin, add a little water or apple juice, 1 Tbs at a time.
Cook pancakes til golden brown, on preheated non stick pan.
Top with spoonful of Greek Yogurt, Maple / Agave Syrup and a sprinkle of cranberries. Side of fresh fruit. Love it!