Do you love pancakes?
You will love this recipe!
My family loves pancakes! The only thing I don't like about traditional pancakes are the empty carbohydrates and lack of protein in pancakes. But, I fixed that! Here is a delicious and FUN recipe your whole family will LOVE! My kids make these with me all of the time.
Ingredients - serves 2 -3
- 1/2 cup milk (almond, coconut, soy or regular milk all work)
- 1/2 cup flour (I don't use whole wheat flour, they won't rise as high & not as fun for the kiddies.)
- 1/2 tsp. stevia (natural plant extract or sugar if you are naught)
- 1 pat butter (I use butter from grass fed cows. You can find it at your local health food store or Costco)
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1 small handful of steel cut oats or regular oats
- 1 tsp wheat germ
- Add 1 tsp. water at a time - important: batter should be slightly - slightly runny so the pancakes rise
- Optional: 1/2 serving protein powder
- Pie Tins
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Put a pat of butter in each pie tin, put in oven for a few minutes to melt butter. While butter is melting, mix all ingredients together. Beat in eggs. Pour batter over butter. Bake 20-25 minutes.
Why are these Volcano Pancakes?
They rise and make a big volcano when they bake! The kids love it! Such fun to eat!
Top with Greek Yogurt (for max. protein blast), berries, organic honey, granola, sliced bananas....anything you LOVE! Enjoy Fit Moms!