I love good coffee. I love Starbucks. I have a coffee shop set up at home including the Starbucks cups, expresso machine and frother, soy milks, sprinkles, straws, you name it. Believe it or not, but I’ve never had a frappuccino due to the high amount of sugar content. After reading the ingredients and the nutritional breakdown of some of their coffee drinks, I decided to “Kiana-size” the popular Frappuccino. Enjoy with no guilt!
Recipes: Plain, Dark Chocolate, Carmel, Cinnamon Frappucchino, Coconut Coffee
- Make double-strength coffee by brewing with twice the coffee required by your coffee maker: That should be 2 tablespoons of ground coffee per each cup of coffee. Chill before using. Tip: I pour the left over morning’s coffee into air tight pitcher every morning and use it to make frappauccinos or iced coffee.
- To make drink, combine all ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed until ice is crushed and drink is smooth. Pour into two 16-ounce glasses, and serve with a straw.
- CARAMEL Version: For this version, add 3 tablespoons of caramel topping to the original recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream and drizzle additional caramel over the whipped cream. (Warning: you may gain weight just reading this version.)
- MOCHA Version: For this version, add and blend on high-3 squares dark chocolate (get 70% cocoa for the most antioxidant benefit and reduced guilt!) to the original recipe and prepare as described. Top each glass with whipped cream, if desired.
- CINNAMON Version: Add a 1/2 tsp. of cinnamon and sprinkle some on top.
- COCONUT COFFEE: Add 1 tsp. organic coconut oil and warm, frothed coconut milk. mmmm.