I know in the picture I am chopping kale. But I cannot find the Apple Pie photo I took! So until then….at least I’m in the kitchen, not in exercise clothes!
This recipe is so easy. Takes appx. 10 min. to put together. I love to make it for a special treat, the house smells warm and fuzzy. I buy the most beautiful, bright green,crisp Granny Smith apples. I always slice extra and drizzle lemon juice on top and put in a container for easy snacks. Enjoy!
- 6 Organic Granny Smith Apples
- 1/4 Stevia (or 1/2 cup sugar – yikes)
- 1/4 Stevia Brown Sugar (or 1/2 cup
- regular brown sugar packed)
- 1/2 cube no salt butter
- 1 1/2 Tbs. flour
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 pre made pie crust or make your
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. In small pan melt butter. Add flour and stir until paste
- forms. Add sugars, water and boil, then reduce to simmer. Peel and core apples,
- place in mound in pie crust, in pie pan. Lattice the 2nd crust accross the top. Gently
- pour the butter sugar mixture over the top. Bake 450 degrees 15 min. reduce to 350
- degrees and bake 25 min. Serve with non fat vanilla ice cream or whipped cream (10
- cal. per Tbs.)