Award Winning Chili Recipe
High in Protein and Flavor. Super Easy.
Make on the Stove OR in the Crock Pot
I make this ALL of the time. My family LOVES this! It’s so healthy, high in protein, lots of flavor, super easy and great for times you need to make food ahead of time such as Super Bowl. This easy healthy recipe can be made on the stove OR in the slow cooker / crock pot.
PS I love using the slow cooker! It’s like the chef is cooking when I come home! The house smells so good and the food is tender. Come home to dinner already done and ready for your family. High in protein. Simple and easy. Terrific for leftovers.
PS PS Why did I have a maid, personal chef and assistant PRE KIDS? I think I did it backwards! Just Kidding. When I had my first child I said “No one but me will ever cook or take care of her 🙂 ” Yes I am a helicopter mom and proud of it!
- 1 container extra lean ground turkey or extra lean beef
- 1 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1/4 small onion diced
- 1 large can diced tomatoes
- 1 can kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 1 cans black beans drained and rinsed
- 2 tbsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tsp. red chili flakes optional
- Beer : Optional
- Stove Top: Brown onion in vegetable oil. Add ground meat, brown and drain excess oil. Add beans, tomatoes and spices. Stir. Simmer for 20 minutes or longer.
- Slow Cooker: Brown onion in vegetable oil. Add ground meat, brown and drain excess oil. Spray a slow cooker with non-stick spray or use bag liner for easier clean up. Add browned meat and all other ingredients. Stir gently to incorporate ingredients, trying not to crush the beans. Cook for approx. 5-6 hours on low, or 4 hours on high. The longer the chili cooks, the better it will taste!
- Serve with a green salad, corn brea, chopped organic green onions and Greek Yogurt instead of fattening sour cream.
- Tip: put leftovers into individual sized containers for an easy mini-meal! I also serve this as a dip on top of protein rich Greek Yogurt with chips