Ever since the ESPN TV & body building days, I have loved sweet potatoes. I remember eating them like apples on my way to train. I still eat them as a regular part of a Protein Power Plate Meal: Grilled chicken or steak, broccoli and sweet potatoes.
Island Hawaiian Style Sweet Potatoes
- 6-8 sweet potatoes
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or 1/4 cup stevia
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 can crushed pineapple
- 1/2 cup lite coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened coconut flakes (to sprinkle on top 🙂
- Steam sweet potatoes for 20 minutes or boil. Peel and cut into 3/8 inch thick slices. Spray non-stick buttered spray in oven safe casserole dish, layer 1/2 of sweet potato slices, brown sugar, butter (little thin dots of butter randomly placed), and pineapple (save a bit for garnish on top.) Repeat layers.
- Pour light coconut milk all over. Bake 20 minutes at 350 degrees. If you want the sweet potatoes caramelized, use less coconut milk and top with added brown sugar and butter, baking 5-10 minutes longer until the sugar browns. Aloha!
1 thought on “Healthy Hawaiian Sweet Potatoes with Pineapple & Coconut Milk”
Pingback: Beauty Tip | fitmomtv