Great for parties! Memorial Day! 4th of July! Any Day!
Fun to make and fun to eat!
The other night my daughter and I made this fun, festive Fruit Flag! It was so easy and fun to make together. I'm always looking for healthy treats to make that teach my children the importance of healthy eating (without them knowing they're learning!)
- 2 boxes of organic blueberries
- 2 boxes of organic strawberries
- 6 bananas
- wooden skewers
- baking sheet
- Options: pineapple, coconut, raspberries...
How to do it:
Line the baking sheet with foil (easier clean up and won't stick). Rinse and pat dry the fruit. Peel the bananas. Slice the strawberries in half length wise so the shape is uniform. Slice the bananas into 1/2 inch pieces all the same size.
- 7 skewers: Alternate strawberries and bananas, 4 each, 8 total.
- 5 skewers: Alternate 2 each bananas & strawberries. Put enough blueberries on top so it matches the height of the first skewers
Put on tray. Take a picture & post it!
Tag me on Instagram so I can see it! #kianatom
Kiana's instagram • instagram.com/kiana_tom_flexappeal_fitmomtv
Have a healthy happy 4th of July!