My kids and I love making this recipe. Now that they are 6 and 11, they can do it themselves 🙂 This is a fun and delicious recipe I used to make with my mom. I modified it to be healthier and have a wider variety of crunchy options! In Hawaii, we would add macadamia nuts (high in fat - beware but so good), coconut and dried fruit too! Enjoy! Psst: Fit Kids Recipe video to come 🙂
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup natural peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cup powdered nonfat dry milk
- 1/4 cup powdered nonfat dry milk
- 1/2 cup organic honey
- 1/4 cup toasted flax seeds
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate chips*
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/8 cup wheat germ
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl, using the 1 1/2 cup powdered milk (save the 1/4 cup for rolling the balls in.) Roll dough into balls and then roll in powdered milk. Place on wax paper covered cookie sheet or plate. Refrigerate for 1 hour. Yum!
- *Optional goodies to add: Chopped macadamia nuts, unsweetened shredded coconut, dried fruit (sulfate free of course,) trail mix, nuts, raisins, crasins.