You had me at chocolate 🙂 Here is simple recipe for a decadent healthier Pan Cookie. It can be easily customized by adding nuts, coconut, dried fruit, etc.
- 1/2 c coconut oil
- 2/3 c coconut sugar
- 2 egg yolk room temperature
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cup blanched almond flour
- 3/4 c dark chocolate chips or chopped
- 1/2 tsp sea salt flakes optional
- 1/3 c unsweetened coconut flakes
- Preheat oven 350º
- Spray 10″ cast iron skillet with non stick coconut oil spray or wipe on coconut oil with paper towel
- Beat coconut oil and coconut sugar until smooth. Add egg and vanilla. Mix well.
- In separate bowl, sift together the almond flour, salt and baking soda.
- Stir the dry ingredient mixture into the wet ingredients. Mix well. Fold in dark chocolate.
- Press cooking dough into cast iron pan. Sprinkle with flakey salt and coconut flakes.
- Bake 18-20 min or until the cookie starts to turn golden suntan brown. Remove from oven and serve warm with a scoop of vanilla bean ice cream or whipped cream.
Sorry Hula, you can’t have any, chocolate isn’t good for doggies 🙂