Mac and Trees: Kids and adults love it! Super simple.
- 1 Box Pasta (Look for protein pasta, Barilla makes one)
- 1 bunch organic broccoli
- 4 Tbs. Butter from grass fed cow (Kerry Gold is good)
- 2 Tbs. Flour
- 1 Cup Milk
- 2 Tbs. Butter
- 1/2 Cup Panko
- Boil 8-12 oz pasta according to instructions. Set aside.
- 1 cup Steamed or microwaved broccoli florets.
- In medium saucepan combine 4 Tbs. butter from grass fed cow (Kerrygold butter is great) + 2 Tbs flour. Stir until smooth. Slowly add 1 cup milk. Set aside.
- In baking dish, layer pasta, diced onion, cheese. 2 layers. top with butter sauce.
- Bake 25 min. 350 degrees.
- In small saucepan, brown 1/2 cup Panko with butter. Spread on top of pasta and brown 5 min.
Fit Mom Tip: Add shredded chicken breast (roasted from grocery store makes for fit fast food 🙂 Read nutritional labels of pasta, Barilla makes one that has 17g protein per serving instead of just empty carbs.