Eating healthfully is easier if you're prepared.
Here are some favorite grab-n-go healthy snacks
These are so fun to make and so colorful! Try pre-making some healthy fruit kabobs to keep in your fridge for easy grab and go snacks. I love to get these in Greek yogurt for protein. Whenever I have a snack, it should include some type of protein. I mean, come on...Who wouldn't want one of these juicy Fruit Kabobs?
Tip: My kids always eat more if they help make these Fruit Kabobs. I let them pick the fruit and encourage them to try a new fruit each time.
Making Fruit Kabobs with Dragon Fruit. Organic honey yogurt dip too!
GRAB N GO SNACKS
- Pre packaged almonds
- trail mix
- 1 serving protein powder in 1 serving water, milk or juice
- Handful of nuts - careful, high in fat and calories. Never ever eat out of the bag. Always portion your food.
- Oranges, apples, bananas... I call these nature's snack food because they are pre wrapped
- mini carrots
- baked pita bread or regular pita bread with a single serving of hummus
- Protein Bars or better yet, my new Kiana Bars 100% All Natural Whole Food Bars
- Power Parfait made with layered Greek Yogurt, drizzled with honey and your favorite berries. I like to keep these premade in little single serving mason jars in the frig. Mmm.
- low sugar graham crackers
- string cheese
- cheese sticks
- package of sweet and juicy grape tomatoes
- baked chips, spinach dip, olives, multi grain crackers