Do you like to train Abs? I love training abs at the end of my workouts. It’s a nice way to finish off a strength training session, feeling super tight & firm. Ab workouts are also a fast circuit to do when you want a little extra!
Here is a energizing ABS circuit to do anywhere! In your living room, gym or by the pool.
DO 1 MIN. OF EACH EXERCISE X 2 ROUNDS FOR A COMPLETE 10 MINUTE ABS ROUTINE.
1. Cross Crunch: cross ankle over your opposite upper leg. Press your lower back firmly into the floor. Keep your chin away from your chest, lift your shoulders off the floor. This is your starting position The Move: Exhale as you curl your pelvis upward, bringing your hips toward your head. Focus on using the lower abdominals. Hold a beat & return to start. 15 reps. each leg x 2 rounds.
2. Plank Lifts: Get in a straight arm plank position, elbow slightly bent. The Move: exhale as you lift one leg at a time, keeping the core tight. Squeeze glutes at the top of the motion
3. Crab Kicks: support your body using legs, core & arms, hips high. The Move: Flex your abs as you use your right arm to touch your left ankle and vice versa, flexing your upper & lower abs together in a “U”
4. Hip Dip: lie on your side, upper leg crossing the lower, Hips stacked.The Move: use your obliques to lift your body into an upright position hold & repeat. Start with knees on ground, arm for support. Work your way up to straight leg (upper leg crossed in front of lower leg) balancing on forearm only.
5. Scissors: keep shoulders off the floor, & press the small of your back into the mat, flexing abs hard. Knees slightly bent, Alt. bringing each leg up & down. Beginners bend your knees more & use limited range of motion.