- 1 1/2 cups Low sugar cookie such as reduced fat / low sugar graham crackers or shortbread. Crushed in plastic bag or food processor
- 5 Tbs. butter from grass fed cows such as Kerrygold or ghee
- 2 cups FAGE greek yogurt or similar (make sure no sugar, and better if not non fat)
- 1 cup reduced fat, non fat or dairy free cream cheese
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup sweetener such as stevia, coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs. fresh lime juice
- zest of 1 lime
- Coconut Cream: 1 can chilled coconut milk (you will be using ONLY the coconut cream that separates in the can) Use can opener
- 3 Tbs. coconut sugar or stevia (a natural plant extract) equivalent
- 1 Tbs. lime juice
- Preheat 325 degrees. Lightly butter a pie pan.
- In a bowl add crushed cookies and melted butter. Mix.
- Press into pie pan with parchment paper or plastic wrap
- Add filling ingredients to blender, blend until smooth. Pour onto pie crust. Bake 45 min. until middle is set.
- Remove pie from oven and cool completely. Once cool, refrigerate overnight or 4-6 hours until firm.
- Once pie is chilled, prepare the whipped topping. Scoop out the creamy portion of the coconut milk and add to mixing bowl or food processor. Add sweetener and lime juice, beat until peaks form. Spread over pie. Top with sliced limes or zest. Serve immediately. Enjoy!