Here is a new recipe that I tried the other night and I love - love - love it! It is similar to crab cakes but uses salmon. What I love about the recipe is that the outside is crunchy and the inside is moist. You can add many different chopped vegetables to customize it how you want. It took me all of 20 minutes and even my picky daughters loved it too! (and they don't usually like fish!) Hope you enjoy it as much as we did!
Fit Salmon Cakes
- 1 can salmon (I used Trader Joe's Canned Pink Salmon)
- 1/4 red, green, yellow bell peppers diced (or whatever you have 🙂
- 2 Tbs. parsley chopped
- 1/4 sweet onion chopped into little pieces (EZ Tip: Buy pre minced)
- 1 egg lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs (or crackers, I like panko is best)
- black pepper
- handful shredded cheese
- 1/4 butter or 3 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 Tbs. Worcestershire Sauce
- 1/4 tsp. Chili Sauce (I used Sciracha aka rooster sauce from the Asian market)
- handful of flour
- Combine drained salmon, lightly beaten egg, bread crumbs, pepper, parsley, Worcestershire sauce, chili sauce and cheese in bowl. Fold together.
- Gently shape into patties, do not press salmon, lightly dust with flour. Chill for 15 minutes.
- Heat butter or olive oil on non stick pan. Cook patties until golden browned on both sides, appx. 10 minutes. Put on paper towels to absorb oil or butter. Cool slightly so they get crunchy.
Serve with my Baked Kale Chips, Side Salad, & Sourdough Garlic Bread 🙂
Oh and here is a picture of me on a recent trip to Alaska enjoying the Glaciers, amazing scenery! I loved eating fresh Alaskan King Salmon for dinner every night! To your health!