Aloha! You’ve GOT to try this recipe! It’s super easy and the flavors are so delicious! Carrot, ginger, sweet potatoes, coconut milk. Sooooo yummy and sooooo healthy! Boost your immune system and enjoy a flavor explosion in your mouth!
This is by far my favorite soup recipe it is such an easy recipe and you can customize it to include whatever vegetables or protein you want. I made it with extra firm tofu to keep it plant-based, you could also add white beans, chicken breast or lean meat. Or just have it with the carrots and sweet potato. Ginger is so refreshing and supercharged your immune system! You can easily modify the recipe to include as much ginger flavor as you want. Time saving Tips: I buy pre-minced garlic & onion to save time and I’m not a good mincer (is that a word?) lol. I also buy the packaged organic mini carrots as they don’t need peeling or chopping. Yay me. The multi-colored carrots are my favorite, they have a subtle taste variation and are so pretty. You can also buy pre-peeled and chopped sweet potatoes which I haven’t bought yet.
- 2 Tbs. Green curry paste (red works too, but I prefer green)
- 1-2 Tbs. water
- 1-2 Tbs. minced garlic
- 1-2 Tbs. minced onion
- 5 coin-sized peeled slices of ginger (size of a quarter) more or less ginger according to your taste preference
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into chunks
- 1 package multi-colored carrots
- 1 package extra-firm tofu drained and cut into bite size squares
- 2 cans full-fat coconut milk
- 1 can lite coconut milk
- Organic cilantro finely chopped
- Lime to squeeze on top before serving
In a large soup pot, sautee curry paste, water, garlic, onion, ginger. When onions are soft, add carrots & sweet potato, coconut milk. Simmer until potatoes are soft appx. 45 min. Fold in diced tofu. Simmer 5 min. Top with chopped cilantro and fresh-squeezed lime. Serve with crunchy bread & kale salad.
If you like this recipe, get my Fit Cooking Book Keep on Flexing! Aloha!