No Sugar Added Beach Brownies
Fun to make! No Guilt Dessert! Perfect for Birthday treats and Teams
- 4 Tbs organic coconut oil melted in microwave
- 4 Tbs milk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp stevia extract powder
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds, unsweetened coconut (optional)
For Beach Bear:
- Natural fruit leather or fruit roll up for beach blanket
- Teddy Grahams or similar for bear
- Cocktail umbrellas or make your own like we did 🙂
Preheat 350 degrees. Mix oil, milk, vanilla, apple sauce, egg. In separate bowl, mix dry ingredients: flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and stevia. Make well in the center of the dry ingredients and pour in wet ingredients. Mix well. Stir in chocolate chips & nuts. Line 8x8 inch baking pan with parchment paper of spray with non stick coconut (or plain) spray. Pour batter into pan and sprinkle few chcolate chips on top. Bake 20-30 minutes depending upon your oven. Test doneness by inserting toothpick in several spots - it should come out clean. Cool before slicing.
Top with natural fruit leather or fruit roll up blanket, sun tan graham cracker teddy bear and umbrella. We made our own umbrellas by cutting circles and folding. Or you can buy premade. Aloha!
Good Bear with sun protective umbrella 🙂
Bad Bear without sun protective umbrella 🙁 lol
1 thought on “NSA (No Sugar Added) Beach Bear Brownies”
Wow, those brownies look so sweet. Shame, that I’m on a diet as I would love to eat them right now 😛 Maybe next week though once I get a “window” open for some cheat meal. Thanks for sharing anyway!