What's for dinner tonight? How about trying my Sake Salmon Recipe? I make this at least once per week!
This is one of my very favorite salmon recipes, it reminds me of the islands since it has an Asian flare from the sake and soy sauce. I serve it with steamed organic squash from our garden, sticky rice or healthier brown rice and a glass (or 2) of white wine or sake! Everyone I've shared this with, makes this all of the time, too! It's that good. It's that simple. It's that healthy! It’s VERY easy to make, I added ingredient(s) options so you won’t have to go to the market at the last minute and it’s easy clean-up. Try it, you'll LOVE it 🙂
*If you like this recipe, you'll love my 60 Recipe eBook here
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup organic honey, sugar or Stevia equivalent
- 1/4 cup sake
- 1 clove minced garlic (buy the pre minced jar it’s easier)
- 1 tsp. fresh ginger (or the jar type and store in the ‘frig)
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice (fresh or in a bottle/lemon)
- 1 tsp. dry mustard (or spicy brown mustard will work)
- 1 large salmon fillet – 2 to 2 1/2 lbs. fresh is best (but thawed frozen works too!)
Combine all ingredients (except salmon) in small saucepan and boil. Turn down heat and simmer until syrupy; few minutes. Turn oven to broil. Cover baking sheet or oven safe plate with foil (easier clean-up.) Put salmon on foil and brush with sauce. Flip and baste other side. Broil salmon 10-15 minutes. Baste a few times during cooking. If salmon starts to get a little bit black, that is great, it will taste sweet and crispy. Serve with sticky white rice or healthier brown rice, peas or Edamame. Serves 6-8. Yummy!