ALOHA! We replaced the oil with organic apple sauce and light coconut milk and added unsweetened toasted coconut flakes on top 🙂 Yum~
• 6 oz 1/3 light Greek Yogurt Cream Cheese (extra protein!)
• 1/2 cup powdered sugar
• 1 1/2 tsp natural coconut extract and/or 1 1/2 tsp pineapple extract
• 2 egg whites
• 1 cup canned light coconut milk
• 1/3 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce
• 2 tsp natural coconut extract
• 18.25 oz white box cake mix or you can make from scratch
• 1/2 cup toasted sweetened coconut flakes
• 70% dark chocolate Coconut Carmel (Trader Joes or Whole Foods)
Optional: add 1/2 cup crushed pineapple, drained 🙂
In a medium bowl combine the light cream cheese with the powdered sugar and coconut extract with a mixer. Keep refrigerated until ready to use.
Preheat oven to 350°. Line 24 cupcake tins with liners or spray non stick spray in cupcake tins. In a large bowl combine egg whites, coconut milk, apple sauce and remaining coconut extract. Mix well, then add cake mix and mix until combined.
Pour batter into lined cupcake tins about halfway and bake 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool to room temperature.
Top each cupcake with 1/2 tablespoon of light cream cheese, then top each with coconut flakes and a decadent square of coconut carmel 70% dark chocolate. Yummy!
Hula Girl: Optional 🙂