This recipe is wonderful! It's delicious, simple and makes great leftovers. It keeps well in the frig for EZ reheat on busy days. My kids love it too!
- 1 package extra lean ground turkey
- 1 package corn tortillas (do not use flour, ruins the recipe and is fattening)
- 1 tsp. canola oil or non stick spray
- 1/4 onion diced
- 1 package no msg, no nitrates, low sodium taco seasoning or make your own here
- 1 can black beans rinsed and drained
- 1 small jar diced chilis
- 1 cup shredded cheese
- 1 container salsa (i like super spicy)
- 1 handful chopped organic cilantro
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt
Preheat oven to 350. In non stick pan, brown onion in oil. Add turkey and cook thoroughly. Add seasoning, beans and chili, simmer for 10 min.
While it's simmering, make the topping. Mix Greek Yogurt with 2-3 Tbs. Salsa. Chop cilantro. Set aside both.
Next, spray non stick spray on glass pan. Put a scoop of meat / bean mixture on bottom of pan and spread evenly. Layer 1 layer of tortillas over it. You can layer the whole tortillas or cut them into shapes to make it more creative and fun. My kids love to make shapes and layer them.
Repeat layers: meat, cheese, tortillas until meat is gone. Important, the top layer should be meat and cheese. Bake 15 min. at 350.
Optional: Olive smiley face 🙂
Cool 5 min. Serve topped with Greek Yogurt Salsa and chopped organic cilantro.
Serve with crispy side salad. If you like this, you will L-O-V-E my 60 Recipe, Fit Cooking eBook! Eat Clean. Get Lean. Get it here.