Aloha Flex Appealers! What is your Go-To Pre Workout Meal? It's important to eat a light meal that contains clean protein, complex carbohydrates and healthy fat to get you thru a workout. Here are some of my favorite pre-workout meals that I have frequently. Unless I get up at 6 am and head immediately to my workout, I always eat something before I lift weights. I don't like it when my training gets interrupted when I get hungry. I like sustained energy throughout my entire workout. Here is what works best for me. Hope it helps you! Keep on Flexing!
- Low carb multi-grain bread with natural peanut butter and banana
- Oatmeal with almond milk, blueberries, and 5 raw almonds
- Poached egg, 1/2 avocado on toast
- Unsweetened Greek Yogurt topped with berries & homemade natural granola
- 2-3 oz. skinless boneless chicken breast with brown rice & avocado
- Albacore tuna mixed with unsweetened greek yogurt (or light mayo) and spicy mustard on brown rice or steamed veggies
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, raw baby spinach with olive oil & apple cider vinegar