This recipe is so delicious and so easy. It’s also very impressive to serve – I impressed myself the 1st time I made it because it looks so professional 🙂
Simple. Healthy. Impressive. Kids approved! 1 pan wonder – EZ clean up!
KIANA’S FIT CHICKEN SPINACH WRAPS
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- 1 package skinless, boneless chicken breasts (fresh work best or thawed – not microwave defrosted frozen chicken)
- 1 bunch fresh organic spinach – rinsed and drained or spun in lettuce spinner (tip: I always submerge my fresh spinach in a large bowl of water so the dirt sinks to the bottom and the clean spinach is floating on top)
- 1 small container goat cheese or feta cheese
- 1 jar organic marinara sauce
- salt and pepper
- Gently pound the chicken breasts so they are thin and of the same thickness
- Rinse and dry spinach
- Lay a chicken breast on cuttiing board or plate, place a handful of spinach on top, add a little goat or feta cheese.
- Roll tightly and secure with toothpick
- Place in oven safe pan sprayed with non stick spray
- Bake 350 35-45 min. until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees (I always us a meat thermometer to make sure it’s safe for my kids to eat). The meat thermometer I have used for years is here: Taylor 1470 Digital Cooking Thermometer/Timer
- Heat marinara sauce
- When cooked, remove and let sit for 5 minutes.
- Top with heated marinara sauce and serve next too your favorite veggie or salad and crunchy garlic bread.
This is the meat thermometer I have: