This recipe is so simple but gives a huge flavor boost. The rice gets a slightly sweet and nutty flavor and is a perfect complement to my Coconut Chicken and Mandarin Orange Asian Salad. You can make this as basic or as tropical as you want. Aloha!
- 1 cup white or brown rice
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1/8 cup sesame seeds or flax seeds
- 1/4 cup pineapple diced
- 1/4 cup macadamia nuts (High in fat, just a little for flavor and crunch 🙂
- salt to taste
sliced mango, pineapple chunks...
- Rinse and drain rice. Put in pot with water and coconut milk. Bring to boil UNcovered. When boiling, cover and reduce to low low low. Brown rice: steam for 30 - 45 min. until tender. White rice 10-15 min. until tender. Fold in diced pineapple and sesame or flax seeds. Sprinkle with a tiny pinch of sea salt and top with shredded coconut and macadamia nuts. Aloha! 🙂