Remember the Almond Joy Candy Bar? Twix Bar? Well this recipe blends the 2 candy bars into one. AND, it has plant based protein, it's gluten free, dairy free and no refined sugar. I know right!? Here's how to make them!
Cookie Crust Ingredients:
- 1/3 cup almond flour
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup vanilla or unflavored plant based protein powder*
- 1/3 cup organic coconut oil
- 3 Tbs. agave nectar (or light maple syrup)
Take 30% off your first order of Orgain Organic Plant Based Protein Powders here use code: KIANA
Carmel Center Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup organic almond butter, hazelnut butter, cashew butter, sunflower butter or peanut butter (make certain the ingredients are only the nuts & salt. Nothing else)
- 1/4 cup organic coconut oil
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 cup agave nectar (or low sugar maple syrup)
- pinch of salt
Chocolate Layer Ingredients:
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips sweetened with stevia** or a dark chocolate bar minimum 70% cocoa for most antioxidant benefits
- 1 Tbs. organic coconut oil
- 1/2 tsp. flakey sea salt
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened coconut flakes
- 1/4 cup slivered almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 350. Mix flours, protein powder, agave nectar & coconut oil together. Mix until dough like.
Line a square baking dish with parchment paper. Press Dough mixture into pan. Flatten down with spatula. Press down.
Bake 10 min. or until it just starts to get suntan 🙂 Remove and cool completely.
Mix nut butter, coconut oil, agave nectar, vanilla extract, & salt in small saucepan. Het on low until melted like Carmel. Cool completely.
Melt chocolate chips & coconut oil in microwave, stirring at 15 second intervals until melted.
Once the cookie crust & caramel center are completely cool, pour caramel center sauce over the cookie layer. Spread evenly. Put in freezer for 1 hour 30 minutes or until completely frozen.
Remove from freezer, touch the caramel, it should be hard. If it’s sticky, put back in freezer. (Be patient, lol, it will be so worth it.) If the caramel layer is hard and frozen, pour the chocolate sauce layer over the top. Spread evenly. Top with flaky sea salt, unsweetened coconut flakes and slivered almonds. Put in freezer for 5-10 minutes to harden.
After 5-10 minutes, removed the Cookie Candy from the pan by lifting the parchment paper and putting Cookie Candy on a large cutting board. Cut into bite sized strips. Tip: Don’t leave the chocolate layer in freezer too long or it will crack when you try to cut it.
Store in airtight container in freezer. Enjoy!