Here are some simple tips that my mom taught me and tips that I’ve added to help my daughters stay healthy.
- KEEP YOUR BODY TEMPERATURE CONSISTENT. Do NOT get a chill. Keep your temperature even. This means to put a jacket on when you go outside and take it off when you come inside. Try to keep your body temperature even. If you find you get a chill, take a hot shower fast.
- EAT AS HEALTHFULLY AS POSSIBLE. Eat a well-rounded diet. This sounds so simple but most people do not do this. It’s best to get the necessary vitamins and nutrients from fresh foods as opposed to processed foods or supplements. Eat lots of fresh fruit, green leafy vegetables, lean protein, complex carbohydrates and drink lots of water to flush the toxins from your body. If you want to eat occasional junk food or sweet, do so in moderation, but only after you have eaten your daily healthy nutrient-dense foods. Shop the perimeter of the grocery store, where the fresh fruits and vegetables are sold. Avoid the center aisles where the processed foods are sold.
- DRINK WATER ALL DAY. Your drink of choice should always be water. Studies show that most people are dehydrated. Often when we think we’re hungry we are really just thirsty. Water is necessary to flush toxins from the body. Bonus: your skin, hair and nails will look better too.
- SLEEP Go to sleep at regular times and wake up at normal times. Try to regulate your sleeping pattern. It helps prevent sugar cravings. For example, have you ever noticed when you’re tired you reached for sugar or caffeine?
- WASH YOUR HANDS. OFTEN. Wash your hands often. Wash your hands often. Wash your hands often. I cannot stress the importance of this enough. I have read countless studies that items as germs and bacteria that can last for days and days. For ex., restaurant Menus are often dirtier than a public restroom doorknob.
- DON’T PUT YOUR FINGERS IN YOUR MOUTH. Do not bite your nails or put your fingers in your mouth. This may sound elementary but I see so many adults biting their fingernails. Not only is it a disgusting habit but it is allowing the world’s germs iNSIDE your body. Read that again it allows the worlds’ germs inside your body.
- CARRY SANITIZER OR WIPES. Use hand sanitizer if you cannot wash your hands. I keep a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my purse. I only use it when I really have to or cannot get to the sink to wash my hands with soap.
- STAY AWAY FROM SICK PEOPLE. Obvious right? But it’s amazing how many times we think we are invincible. When my family gets sick I confine them to their bedroom and will bring fluids, soup, food and put it on a table outside the door. There is a 3 to 4-day window when sick people are the most contagious.
- GET FRESH AIR. Select restaurants that have good air circulation or sit outside.
- DISINFECT. Wipe down anything in your house that sick people may have touched they could possibly contaminate the rest of the family. Yes I know I am a germaphobe, but I feel this is very important. I take disinfectant wipes and will wipe doorknobs, refrigerator handles, countertops, anything that a sick person may have touched. After all, if I get sick, time doesn’t allow me to lie in bed, no one is home to bring me soup. (violins playing, I know) I still have to take my daughter to school, Dennis is at work and Anelalani cannot miss school.
- TRAVEL HEALTHY. Bring disinfectant wipes with you and wipe the phone, remote control, doorknobs. Hide your toothbrush and other hygiene items when you’re not in the room. (Don’t want cleaning spray or worse on your toothbrush.)
- U TURN. When you’re out and about and somebody is coughing or sneezing – go the other direction. Walk down a different aisle. Have you ever seen the videos of people sneezing and how many germs are spread into the air let alone into your pathway? Ew! Take the healthier route and turn the corner walk the other direction or worse case, hold your breath.
- WHY? If you think these tips are ridiculous think again. It may help convince you. Think of somebody who hasn’t showered for days. Someone who doesn’t wash their hands Picture them coming out of a porta-potty or coming out of a public restroom not washing their hands, coughing into their hand or worse (yuk), pumping gas, touching a restaurant menu, touching the catchup bottle on the table, touching anything that you have touched and then you put your fingers in your mouth or eat your food with your fingers. You might as well go and lick their hands. Dee-gusting!
Wanting you to stay healthy 🙂 XO Kiana on her FIT soapbox.
Eat. Lift. Love. Share da post! Mahalo!
Other Flex Appealers Liked:
Natural Cough Syrup made with Ingredients You Probably Have
Kiana's 4 Week Fitness Plan
Workout Plan: Advanced | Plus +1
My Guide to Getting Fit for the New Year
GUIDES AND WORKOUTS TO DOWNLOAD
12 Days of FitMas | 9th Day | Super Sets and Triple Sets
12 Days of FitMas Tips | 8th Day | SLEEP
12 Days of FitMas Tips: #7 | FIT-TIGUE YOUR MUSCLES