I love 1 bowl meals. There’s something about all the yummy, healthy foods all in one bowl that is so satisfying. And it’s easy to clean up after you eat. Here is one of my favorite simple and exotic Fit Bowl recipes. It’s customizable, I love making Fit Bowls using foods of different textures. The main thing to focus on is getting the ingredients cooked at the same time so you can enjoy it while it’s hot.
Step 1: Make Steamed Rice
- 1 cup brown, jasmine or basmati rice
cupswater (more if making brown rice)
Directions: Put both rice and water in rice cooker. Press cook. 🙂 Time: appx. 20-30 minutes. If you don’t have a rice cooker, put rice and water in small pot, *boil uncovered until water is just below level of rice, cover and turn on lowest setting. Do not uncover until time to eat. No peaking! *Watch the rice as it boils, it will boil over if heat is too high.
Step 2: Bake Tofu
- 1 package Extra Firm Tofu cut into cubes, pressed to remove excess water
- 2 Tbs. oil
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
Step 3: Make Sauce for Fit Bowl
- 1 Tbs. Tamari or low sodium soy sauce (or regular soy sauce mixed with water)
- 1 tsp. sesame oil
- 1 tsp. agave nectar or honey
- 1 tsp. freshly grated ginger
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
Mix all ingredients in small bowl. Set aside.
Step 4: Prep other ingredients
- Slice avocado
- Dice tomato
- Rinse and chop up broccoli (raw or steam)
- Saute mushrooms
- Delicious optional ingredients: sprouts, garbanzo beans, kidney beans, black beans, cilantro, green onions, zucchini squash, sesame seeds, bell peppers (orange, red, green, yellow 🙂
Serve & Enjoy! Put rice in bowl, top with baked tofu, put your favorite sides and drizzle the sauce on top. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.