FOOD IS ENERGY. NOT A SUBSTITUTE. EAT FOODS THAT GIVE YOU PLEASURE, HAVE TEXTURE, THAT GIVE YOUR BODY LIFE.Kiana Tom
My Random Food Tips: Many have asked for my healthier eating tips. Here they are in no particular order.
- I avoid processed foods and foods with white sugar
- I eat before and after I workout. Complex carbs before such as toast with nut butter and banana, clean protein after
- I focus on plant-based protein but incorporate fish and chicken from time to time
- I prefer raw vegetables overcooked
- I always drink a glass of water before I eat, it’s an easy way to stay hydrated and fills you up
- I eat every 2-3 hours, fasting at night for appx. 12 hours
- I dip my fork into salad dressing and then into the salad instead of pouring it all over the salad
- I strive to eat all foods in moderation
- I avoid trigger foods ie white sugar desserts
- I prepare my foods by grilling, poaching, steaming, baking or raw
- If I really want a treat, I’ll eat it. deprivation leads to binging and obsessing over it
- I don’t drink straight juice, I mix with water
- I keep snacks in my purse, office drawer, cars, gym bag: prepackaged nuts, protein bars
- I try not to let myself or my family get too hungry, it leads to unhealthy choices ie drive-thru eek!
- I prefer to cook and eat at home because I know how the food is prepared and who prepared it #germaphobe
- My Dark Chocolate Banana Bites & Protein Candy are my guilt-free go-to desserts
- I regularly buy 2 dozen bananas, peel, and half a dozen and put in the freezer to add to my protein shakes. Makes them super creamy like a milkshake
- I regularly buy 2 dozen eggs, hard boil a dozen for easy grab protein
- I always eat breakfast
- Every meal and snack has a protein component
- I don’t care for buffets, it leads to overeating, wasting food and there are many germs from numerous people serving themselves, touching everything and breathing on the food
- When eating out, I order things exactly how I want it but nicely of course
- Yes, I refer to my Fit Cooking Books several times per week. My kids use my recipes all of the time.
- When I cook I usually make double batches & keep in the refrigerator for easy reheat the next day for a healthy snack, mini-meal, lunch or dinner
- I look at snacks as Mini Meals because they have protein, complex carbs, fat
- Shop the perimeter of the grocery store where the fresh foods, protein, and dairy are sold. Avoid the center aisles where the processed pre-packaged foods are sold.
- My drinks of choice: unsweetened almond milk latte, sparkling water, chardonnay
- I am proud to share I have taught my daughters to make over a dozen dishes on their own. It’s important to me they are able to cook healthy foods
BE THE CAPTAIN OF YOUR OWN SHIP
MEAL PLANS BY REGISTERED DIETICIAN AVAILABLE BELOW. 3 FAT LOSS PLANS FOR WOMEN OR MEN.FEMALE FAT LOSS | 3 MEAL PLANS MALE FAT LOSS | 3 MEAL PLANS
Other Flex Appealers Liked:
KIANA ZOOM FIT
Training Guides, eBooks and Workouts Plans
Why do you Workout?
Recipe Video | Sunset Smoothie Bowl in Kiana's Kitchen
How Much Water Should You Drink Per Day?
Bodyweight, Bands and Weights Total Body Workout Program and Training App Access
TikTok | Quarantine Family Fun
Online Personal Training