Aloha Flex Appealers! Is your goal to "Get Fit?" or "Get Healthy?" Instead of focusing on the end goal of "getting fit & healthy," break it down into small micro habits and start "living like a fit person." This method will help you adopt these habits and help them become part of who you are to make lasting, healthy changes.
Healthy Habits I Live By
- I eat breakfast every day, within 30 minutes of waking up. Why? Because I’ve been “fasting” all night, while I’ve been sleeping. For me, I work very hard for my lean muscle and I don’t want to risk my body using it for fuel.
- I drink 1/2 my body weight in ounces of water, every day. Hydration is vital for flushing toxins, keeping the body running like a machine, and if keeps my skin and hair healthy too. The way I look at it, why spend hundreds of dollars on skin care, facials etc. if you don’t hydrate from the inside out too? I use my fruit infusion bottles and add frozen pineapple, berries, watermelon etc to add extra vitamins & nutrients to plain water. Plus it adds natural flavors and a pretty color.
- Lift weights DAILY. Yes, I said daily, 30 minutes at a minimum. If I feel inspired to train longer, I do 60 minutes, but 30 minutes daily is my habit. Back in the day, I would train 2 hours, 5 days per week. As a busy mom and post menopause, frequent, I have found that consistent training works best for me. I have recorded hundreds of my workout classes I lead in our beautiful beach community and put them online here. For more personalized fitness training, I also offer personal training online you access the workouts on a members only app, access your complete plan, with exact sets, reps, get new workouts and click when finished so I know you’ve completed your workout for the day. How is that for accountability? 🙂
- I change my workout routine each and every time I train. Why? I have found this works best for me for 2 reasons: 1. It keeps my muscles guessing, meaning I work my muscles differently each session and that requires them to keep adapting to new moves, different weights, different angles and training styles. 2. It’s much more fun and motivating to look forward to new exercises! Get one of my workouts here.
- Eat 5-6 mini meals per day and 1 muscle meal. What are mini meals? They are <250 calorie meals that contain lean protein, complex carbs, healthy fat. My lean proteins include black beans, tofu, eggs, fish, ground turkey, chicken. I’ve been eating plant-based lately, meaning mostly plant based food but an occasional chicken, fish or extra lean ground turkey. My carbs are usually low carb leafy greens and fresh such as organic baby spinach, arugula, Brussels sprouts, squash, steamed broccoli, cauliflower rice. If I’m having a Mini Meal pre-workout I will have higher carb complex carbs such as brown rice. A Muscle Meal is a larger version of a mini meal appx 500 calories. Here is a recipe ebook that has 50 recipes under 250 calories, requiring less than 8 ingredients Find a new recipe on my Fit Cooking Recipe blog here. Recipe books and guides here. If you need to lose weight quickly and safely, contact me here or take a free health assessment here. I am working with a top nutrition company who has a simple program that regulates blood sugar, resulting in dramatic weight loss and energy gain. All clients are losing weight 10-100 lbs. this is backed by science and proven. It works like clock work. My husband, Dennis, lose 25 lbs. and 7″ off his waist in 1.5 months, has kept it off.
- Drink a glass of water before each meal, makes me feel fuller and it’s easier to portion control
- I get outside daily to get a dose of happy sunshine and fresh air
- I carry healthy snacks with me at all times to keep my blood sugar levels even and ensure healthy choices. Ever notice when you’re super hungry, you grab whatever is closest ie junk food? Having healthy snacks circumvents this.
- I eat my largest meal for breakfast or lunch, tapering throughout the day, eating the smallest meal at dinner. I need the most energy during the day, and don’t want to go to sleep after eating a lot of calories. To help you eat healthfully, see the wide range of meal plans, grocery lists, recipes and recipe books here.
- I do things to “trigger happiness” daily: play with my dogs, listen to music, exercise, hug my kids. I’ve been trying to meditate for 5 minutes daily. It’s a new habit I’m trying to develop. I tend to be a type A, on the go, a zillion things going on in my head so I am trying to designate quiet time for me during the day
- I set a timer on my smartphone to go off every hour and stand up, do some form of exercise. Did you know? You can burn up to 350 more calories standing up, fidgeting, tapping your foot as opposed to just sitting still?
- I stretch after I workout, never before. You want to stretch when your muscles are warm and pliable. You wouldn’t stretch a rubber band out of the freezer would you?
- I drink a protein shake smoothie with a handful of frozen and fruit and leafy green veggies. It’s an easy way to get an extra serving of healthy fruit and vegetables. Orgain Organic Protein Powder gave me a code to share with you for 30% off your first order here with code: KIANA
- I never deprive myself of any foods I love, because if I do, that will be the first thing I want to eat. Instead, I find a healthy option to satisfy my cravings. For example I LOVE chocolate and buy dark chocolate that has at least 70% cocoa for antioxidant benefits. The chocolate chips I always buy are on my Amazon Store on my Fit Food List.
- I primarily shop the perimeter of the grocery store where the fresh foods, protein and dairy are sold. I rarely go to the center aisles where the pre-packaged processed foods are kept.
- I love dessert. I have a collection of healthier desserts with benefits as I call them, 🙂 that have nutritional value and satisfy my cravings for sweet treats. Here are 15 Plant-Based Dessert Recipes I enjoy.
- I rarely eat anything unless it has somme form of nutritional value.
More to come. I will update this list regularly with helpful tips 🙂 Have to feed my doggies now. XO Kiana
Simple structured program to lose 20 lbs or more
If you need to lose weight quickly and safely, contact me here or take a free health assessment here. I am working with a top nutrition company who has a simple program that regulates blood sugar, resulting in dramatic weight loss and energy gain. All clients are losing weight 10-100 lbs. this is backed by science and proven. It works like clock work. My husband, Dennis, lose 25 lbs. and 7″ off his waist in 1.5 months, has kept it off, see here