I developed the trend setting Home Gym Workout segments that were a consistent part of my television series, “Kiana’s Flex Appeal” -the #1 rated fitness show in the history of ESPN reaching 80 million homes worldwide in 100 countries. I have written thousands of Home Gym Workout routines that air in millions of homes around the world.
Strength training is a vital part of being fit. It’s not enough to just run or just play tennis. You need to increase lean muscle. Besides, you don’t want to be “skinny fat” which means you’re skinny without any muscle tone.
I’ve trained at gyms for over 20 years. As a busy mom of 2 young kids, I train at home and am in better shape NOW than before. I have much more time, since I’m not spending time driving to an from the gym or talking in between sets. I get a 100% harder workout at home than in the gym: no interruptions, no air conditioning, no germs and no wasted time.
You spend the money on the Home Gym products instead of monthly gym fees. You keep the gear. Simple.
My goal is to inspire you to create your own home gym for you and your family to stay fit in the convenience of your own home. Even though you may belong to a health club or primarily participate in sports, having a home gym is a must.
Why should I have a Home Gym? I belong to a health club. or I play sports.
- Efficient: Some days you’re just too busy. You will save time not driving to and from the gym.
- Private: You can train in the privacy of your own home.
- Multi Task: You can get laundry, dishes done while you workout.
- Cumulative: You can train a little all day long – the benefits of exercise are cumulative.
“The best Home Gym is one that you use.”
You’ve got to make it accessible and convenient and it must have quality (read: quality but doesn’t have to be expensive) equipment and gear.
Here is what I recommend to make your own Home Gym:
- No Sting Speed Jump Rope or Weighted Ball Ropes
- Interval Timer
- 10 lb. Fit Bag
- Super 8 Fitness Tubing for major muscle group training
- Long Fitness Band Tubing for lower body, shoulders and arms
- Soft Touch Medicine Ball(s) in 5 lbs. & 10 lbs.
- Anti Burst Pro Fitness Ball: for total body exercises.
- Strength Training Bench:
- Fitness Loops: Great for firming the inner & outer thighs & butt & firming the upper arm flab.
If you already have some of your own gear, you can order everything individually or for your convenience, you can make it easy & order the above Home Gym Level 1 Package with everything bundled together (except the bench, sold separatly) for $200.00.
You can go to your local sporting goods store and buy dumbbells: WOMEN: 5-20 lbs., in 5 lb. increments. MEN: 10-35lbs. Or buy the Deluxe Dumbbell Tree that has all the different weights, in different colors in a space saving vertical rack.