KIANA’S QUICK TIPS:
- Drink a glass of water before every meal. You will avoid gaining up to 10 lbs. per year! I drink a glass of water when I wake up, before every meal and before bed. It’s an easy way to remember and hydrates your skin / hair / body.
- At the gym: do the hardest part of your workout first. When you have the most energy and are the freshest.
- Eat complex carbs before your workouts for quick energy.
- Eat protein after your workouts to feed your depleted muscles.
- Don’t automatically salt / pepper your foods. Actually taste them first.
- Put the fork down in between bites. Chew. Swallow.
- Use salad plates instead of dinner plates for easy portion control.
- Pack healthy snacks in your glove compartment, gym bag, briefcase, purse. You need emergency snacks when you get hungry to avoid the drive through and mini marts. Outsmart yourself and be prepared.
- Eat a variety of foods in all colors and textures. It’s more interesting, makes eating more pleasurable.
- Kids: eat colors of your crayon box.
- Natures’ energy bars / prewrapped nutrition: bananas, oranges, tangerines, apples….
- 50/50: mix juice with water. Less sugar. You will get used to the taste and find that straight juice is much too sweet.
- When it comes to dessert: I always say, “One bite or none.” Birthdays, Holidays, special occasions and carrot cake excluded.
- Drink ice water, your body burns calories warming it up.
- Avoid sugary drinks such as sports drinks or sugar filled coffee drinks. Why drink your calories?
- Get your zzzz’s. Lack of sleep stresses out your body and it holds on to fat. Sounds like a GREAT reason to get more sleep, right?
- Eat protein with every meal. Protein sends a hormone signal to your body that you’re full = you will eat less.
- Eat protein and fiber together to stay lean: Your body uses protein to build lean muscle and it tells your body it’s full. Fiber absorbs water and swells in your stomach, also making you feel full.
- Eat breakfast! If you skip breakfast, your metabolism can actually SLOW DOWN to conserve energy. yikes!
- I love peanut butter. Make sure the ingredients are: peanuts. No sugar or chemicals added. Your body takes longer to digest fat and that helps prevent hunger binges.
- Set yourself up for success! Have a sweet treat or junk food now and then. Just cut calories elsewhere. Going cold turkey on your fave foods will set you up to fail.
- According to German Researchers, running will burn flab from your belly first!
- Regular exercise boosts immune system. Studies show that symptoms are 41% less severe than those of couch potato people.
- Exercising now will keep your brain stronger for later. Per Arthur Kramer, PhD.
Check This Out, too!